Job Opening - Microsoft Access Developer
Are you the experienced Microsoft Access Developer that we are looking for?
We are looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial Microsoft Access Developer. As a Microsoft Access Developer, you will work on our application for healthcare clinics ‘DiSy’. This application is used daily by more than 70 clinics throughout the Netherlands.
Do you love Access, SQL and VBA? Do you love using new innovative technology to make an impact for end-users? Are you passionate about learning?
If you are conscientious, kind and supportive then we would like to invest in your development through training and personal coaching.
Come and join our experienced developer team!
Your key activities
- Developing our own DiSy Access application and programming Access applications for third parties using tables, SQL queries, VBA, forms and reports
- Collaborating with our other developers in Microsoft Access applications development
- Managing our OpenBSD and Ubuntu systems in our hosting center
- Being a backup for our IT support staff who advise, guide and support our customers. Here you will encounter such things as Windows and Windows Server, Office, macOS, mail server, firewall, and various Open Source software
Your profile and experience
- Three years minimum of work experience with Microsoft Access and SQL Server
- Experience in working with customers and end-users to determine needs, design solutions and estimate accurately the required level of input required
- Experience with software testing and User Interface design
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills
- Analytical thinking, works well independently and good planning skills
- In possession of an Bachelor's degree diploma or equivalent
- Good English language skills
Nice to have
- Good Dutch language skills
- Knowledge of one or more of the following areas OpenBSD, Ubuntu, PHP, Python, FreeNAS and / or Synology NAS
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure services, in particular virtualisation
- A pleasant and modern working environment with a small close-knit team
- Varied and dynamic work
- Time to delve into relevant new developments
- Reimbursement for function-related courses and courses up to an amount of €1,000 per year
- Company laptop and mobile phone
- Remote working is possible. You don't even have to be based in the Netherlands.
- Don't like remote working at home? SYS pays up to €200 per month for renting a co-working place in your immediate area.
- Salary dependent on knowledge and experience
- Contribution of €50 per month towards the cost of your preferred health or fitness activity
- One-month paid sabbatical every 3 years
- We develop software for medical clinics - DiSy.
- We organise the NADD, the Netherlands Access Developer Day, a major full-day Access conference, with lectures given by international Microsoft Access experts on how to get the most out of Access and VBA.
- We produce the SYS Gladiator managed firewall which is based on OpenBSD.
- We provide first-class IT support with a personal approach to small to medium-sized companies, especially in and around Amsterdam.
- We have personal attention for each other and for our customers.
- We embrace working remotely and work with the right tools for doing that. With the right communication, our team can be much more effective working on what needs to be done instead of answering emails and/or being distracted. We use tools such as Basecamp, Slack, TeamViewer, and Zoom to communicate. Sometimes you will need to work in-person onsite with clients for a period of time.
- We find technology fascinating.
- We are driven by the desire to provide our customers with excellent solutions time after time
- We keep abreast of new developments
- We are proactive and innovative
- We do not just use Microsoft products, we also use Apple and Open Source software (including OpenBSD and Linux).
- Our employees are experienced all-rounders, and do their work with passion and dedication.
Can't wait to get started at SYS, where technology, innovation, and quality go hand in hand with a personal touch? Then don't hesitate and send your application with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about the vacancy you can call us at number 088 6389675.