NETHERLANDS ACCESS DEVELOPER DAY 2019
Presentation: The power of Access and web services
Speaker: Ynte Jan Kuindersma (BIRD Automation)
The power of Access and web services
MS Access is well known for its ability to connect to data sources. But Web based data sources are a bit unknown to MS Office developers.
During this session Ynte Jan will show you:
1. How to connect to a Web API from Access and process JSON in VBA
2. Use Sharepoint as a datasource, including the exchange of properties between an office document and a sharepointlist. That way you can create a databaseapplcition with both a desktop and a webinterface. Data edited online and edited on the desktop are in sync because they use the same databasebackend
3. How to connect to online Accounting software (Snelstart), including uploading PDF invoices to the service
4. Various Microsoft Services, like the conversational BOT services or other Artificial intelligence services, your own Azure functions for advanced calculations, Logic Apps for advanced workflow tasks, MS Office/Teams Graph API and the Q&A maker and show how to connect to them
5. Finding and embedding Open data
About Ynte Jan Kuindersma
Ynte Jan is a longtime developer of Microsoft Office applications with VBA and database-driven websites with ASP.NET.
He's extremely solution-oriented and chooses his tools accordingly, be it Visual Studio, Access, SQL Server, Power BI or non-Microsoft tools.
His goal is not programming in itself, but making people and organizations more efficient in their daily work by means of some clever code.
Ynte Jan is not only a developer but also a trainer.
He has conducted many trainings and presentations in the Netherlands, Germany and Austria.
He presented at the Access Entwickler Konferenz and the .NET Entwickler Konferenz in Nürnberg, Duitsland.
He talked about “Access Webdatabases” and “Crystal Reports”.
Last year he did a presentation at the NADD about Access web service integration and JSON and this year he was one of the presenters at DevCon in Austria.